Vegan Ice Cream Option in Huntington
Herrell’s Ice Cream is an ice cream institution. Founded in 1973 in Massachusetts, it was way ahead of the small batch movement… was the first to offer blended “smoosh ins” and has many accolades for it’s commitment to quality. So it’s no wonder they’ve created their own dairy-free line of almond milk-based flavors: No Moo. In a recent stop in Huntington, I had to check them out.
I got a medium cup with a scoop of chocolate and vanilla with some carob chips. The ice cream was slick and fudgy–not watery but not creamy in the traditional sense, kind of gelato-ish? Kind of hard to explain. Maybe you should just go and taste for yourself!
I’m thankful for another vegan ice cream option on Long Island! Joining these other vegan frozen treats on Long Island:
- Granny’s Ice Cream in Commack
- Baci Gelato in Williston Park
- Silk’s dairy-free options at TCBY (Though this seems to be subject to demand; make some noise!)
- Chloe’s Soft Serve Fruit, available at Tutti Frutti in Long Beach, North Shore Farms in locations, and Gourmet Glatt in Cedarhurst.
- 16 Handles in Garden City and Lynbrook.